How to apply for jobs
Preparing and submitting your application
Your application provides us with a picture of who you are. It should include information about your education, work history and experience. Before you apply for any job advertised by Icon Water, you must check that you are eligible to apply. To apply for a job with us, you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- have a Permanent Residency (PR) visa to be able to live and work in Australia.
Further information can be obtained from Australia's Department of Immigration and Citizenship or the New Zealand Immigration Service.
Your application must be received by close of business on the due date. We cannot guarantee that late applications will be accepted.
Submitting an application
Icon Water recently moved to an online recruitment system, to make sure applying for a job with us is quick and easy. When submitting an application you will need to do the following.
- Sign-up as a new user and accept the privacy statement.
- Complete a questionnaire, so that SMS alerts can be sent to you when roles you might be interested in are advertised.
- Complete an online application. This includes:
- entering your personal details
- developing a cover letter that addresses your skills and experience in relation to the advertised position
- addressing the selection criteria – you will be allowed up to 200 words for each criterion
- Submitting your resume, making sure the file you attach is not larger 2MB.
- Submit your completed application. You will receive an automatic email receipt when your application has been received.
Our online system also allows you to see the status of your application, change your personal details, retrieve an existing application, modify your application or withdraw your application.
If you would like to post your application, please contact the Talent Sourcing and Support team on 6270 7616 to obtain copies of the selection documentation.
Post your application to:
HR Service Centre
GPO Box 366
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Referee details need to include:
- contact details (at least one contact number)
- relationship between the referee and the applicant.
School leavers and University graduates may use teachers or lecturers.
Please contact the contact officer in the advertisement for more information about the position you are applying for. For all other enquiries please contact the Talent and Sourcing Support Team on:
Ph: 6270 7616
Please note, ActewAGL continue to provide human resources and recruitment support services on behalf of Icon Water.