Making a claim for loss or damage

If you have experienced loss or damage as a result of our business activities, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. 

Will I be compensated for all losses or damages?

Icon Water will pay claims for all genuine out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a direct consequence of negligence on our behalf. All claims are investigated and assessed on a case-by-case basis. Icon Water does not pay claims for damage caused by third parties or events outside its control, such as accidents, weather, vandalism, or interference from vegetation or animals.

Any reimbursement offered by Icon Water will reflect the fair and reasonable cost to repair the damage. Please note that it is Icon Water’s policy to replace damaged items with 'like for like' rather than 'new for old'.

We suggest that you contact your insurance company directly for losses resulting from external causes or events beyond Icon Water’s control. Your insurance provider may be able to reimburse you for your losses without investigation and will, in some cases, pay replacement value for damaged items. Should you require additional confirmation from us in order to lodge a claim with your insurer, we will be happy to assist.

How do I submit a claim?

If you wish to submit a claim to Icon Water, please click the link below. You will be directed to the ActewAGL website to complete an online form. ActewAGL handle the processing of these claims on our behalf.

Claim Application Form

You will need to provide details of the incident, as well as details of any loss or damage. To assist us in processing your claim as quickly as possible, please provide evidence of costs or damage incurred including any receipts, quotes, photographs or reports to support your claim.

Reconsideration of claims

If you have already submitted a claim but you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you may apply to have the decision reconsidered by a higher level of management. If you wish to appeal the original response, please complete our claims reconsideration form and submit to

Plumbing reimbursements

If you claim relates to costs associated with a licensed plumber identifying blockage within the Icon Water network you can submit your application for reimbursement to

Required documentation for a sewer reimbursement claim for Plumbers:

  • Detailed invoice explaining scope of works (attach as PDF)
  • Date of works
  • Icon Water job reference number
  • Invoices are to be made out to Icon Water

Required documentation for a sewer reimbursement claim for home owners:

  • Short cover letter asking for reimbursement of plumbing costs including date of works, and Icon Water job reference number
  • Attached copy of the detailed plumbing invoice (attach as PDF).

All applications will be assessed in accordance with our Rates for Reimbursement 2018-19

For more information on sewer blockages see our information on blocked pipes.