Icon Water knows some customers may have difficulty paying bills during times of financial hardship.
We can assist you reducing your accounts with advice on saving water or if your water bill seems unusually high use our high water use checklist to make sure you don't have an undetected leak.
We also have flexible payment options such as fortnightly or monthly direct debit where you can either make contributions to your account with Budget Pay, or even out your annual consumption into regular deductions with Even Pay.
If you are a Centrelink customer you can also make regular payments to your water account directly from your Centrelink payment through Centrepay.
If you simply need a little longer to complete payment on your account, just talk to us on 02 6248 3220.
Icon Water’s Staying Connected program can also assist you by providing personalised support to help you get back on track with your water bills.
How the Staying Connected program works
- Our Staying Connected Team can work with you to: Set up a flexible and affordable payment plan.
- Stop further debt recovery action while you are on the program.
- Make sure your electricity remains connected while you are on the program.
- Ensure all relevant government concessions and rebates are applied to your account.
- Keep in regular contact.
- Provide tips on saving money by using less electricity, gas and water.
Connect you with other organisations that may be able to provide you with advice and support.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible you must be willing to agree to a personalised payment plan and to keep in regular contact. You must also have an outstanding Icon Water account that can't be paid before your next bill for reasons which may include the following:
- Loss of income
- Relationship breakdown
- Physical or mental illness
- Chronic illness of yourself or a family member
- Budget management issues associated with low income
- Business loss or failure
- An unforeseen drop in income or rise in necessary costs
To see if you are eligible or for more information call 1300 138 574.
Other useful contacts
There are many organisations that offer personal, financial and material assistance in the ACT. The following organisations are listed in the White Pages.
The following government organisations may be able to further assist you.