Water conveyancing

A conveyancing certificate lists the current balance of the water and sewerage account. A special water meter reading certificate shows the consumption to date since the most recent meter reading. 

To provide an accurate Special Water certificate, Icon Water requests a meter reading with supporting photo of the meter (including the meter number) be submitted along with the Special Water request form.

Under the Utilities Act 2000, the owner of a premises is liable for any undischarged water and sewerage charges of a previous owner. If you sell or transfer a premises, you, your solicitor or conveyancer, should request a special meter reading and conveyancing certificate so that the water and sewerage account can be appropriately apportioned.

If you would like to create a water conveyancing account please call 02 6248 3111 (option 2). Otherwise use the tiles below to complete the necessary forms to send with a cheque in accordance with the Icon Water's Schedule of Charges to GPO Box 366 Canberra ACT 2601. 

special water meter readingwater conveyancing certificate