Breaking Restrictions and Fines

Report a breach of water restrictions

If you believe you have witnessed a breach of Water Restrictions or Water Conservation Measures, you may contact the Water Conservation Office on 02 6248 3111. You will need to supply the address where the contravention has occurred, what the breach was and at what time the breach occurred.


Water Conservation Officers are active in the community to educate and inform about water conservation. Water Conservation Measures, and when in force Temporary Water Restrictions, are mandatory and any person or business witnessed by an authorised person to be acting in contravention of these may be liable for fines starting at $200 (individual) or $1,000 (corporation).