When it comes to sustainability, Icon Water has received national and international recognition for our innovative projects and continued commitment in this area.
Our sustainability efforts have resulted in a number of awards and certifications including:
- Overall winner – Sustainable Solutions in Public Works 2014 Australasia
- Sustainable Infrastructure category winner – Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia 2014
- Keep Australia Beautiful ACT Sustainable Cities 2014 – Community Action Partnerships and Culture award winner
- Program Innovation category winner for the Fish Management Program to protect threatened fish – Australian Water Association National Award 2013
- International Environmental Excellence Award – International Erosion Control Association 2013
- Keep Australia Beautiful ACT Sustainable cities 2013 – commendation for our community and schools engagement to protect our drinking water catchments
- ACT Landcare Award 2013 for partnerships for the source water protection program
Icon Water has achieved Commended national ratings for two of our infrastructure projects that followed the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia – infrastructure sustainability rating methodology. Involvement in the ISCA program led to the Cotter Dam project being the first in Australia to register for a national rating.