Cotter Dam Discovery Trail
The Cotter Dam Discovery Trail is a 1.4km walking tour* along the beautiful Cotter River to see the awe-inspiring Cotter Dam from an amphitheater style viewing platform. This tour will teach you about Canberra’s water history and supply network, local environment, the complex engineering involved with the Enlarged Cotter Dam Project, as well as the Indigenous and European heritage in the area.
*The trail is stroller friendly and is suitable for wheelchair-assisted access.
How long is this tour?
This tour takes approximately 50 minutes to complete.
How many people can attend?
- For community groups, this tour can have up to 30 participants. There must be a minimum of 10 participants otherwise it will be cancelled.
- For school groups, this tour can have up to 30 participants but must have a supervision ratio of 1:15. This tour is suitable for students from primary all the way to tertiary.
We can accommodate larger groups, and classes of over 30 participants, by organising consecutive tours. In these situations, we offer alternative, and engaging, educational activities for students waiting between consecutive tours.
What do I need to know before joining the tour?
Please review the safety details below before attending this tour.
If you are a teacher, please review the content below to help plan your tour.
- Terms of participation for Icon Water Tours
- Cotter Dam Discovery Tours Factsheet
- Icon Water Media Consent Form
How do I make a booking?
To book one of our exciting tours, please click the button below and follow the prompts. Our Community Engagement Officer will be in touch to finalise your booking.
Please note: All tours are subject to site operational requirements and staff availability.
We’re always happy to help
For general queries, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 6248 3111 and select option 3.