Complaints handling policy
It is Icon Water's policy to:
- receive complaints by telephone, facsimile, email or letter
- resolve your complaint as soon as reasonably possible
- deal with your complaints professionally, efficiently and fairly
- keep you advised of progress or changes
- discuss with you any cost that may be associated prior to undertaking any action
- provide reasons for all of our decisions
- learn from your feedback and improve Icon Water's service and product delivery
- treat all customers with courtesy and respect.
Handling a complaint
When Icon Water receives a complaint, it will be registered and assigned to a Customer Service representative to arrange investigation, action and resolution in accordance with ISO 10002:2006 and the Consumer Protection Code.
Icon Water will acknowledge your complaint and subsequently provide a response within 20 business days.
You can ask for reconsideration of your complaint by a higher level of Icon Water management. If you are dissatisfied after the reconsideration, you have a right of review by the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT);
ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT)
GPO Box 370
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 6207 1740 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help Icon Water respond to your complaint, it is your responsibility:
- to clearly identify the issues of complaint and to provide any relevant supporting information and documents
- where possible, to let us know what kind of result or outcome you are seeking
- to advise us promptly if recent circumstances change your need for a complaint to be assessed
- to treat all Icon Water representatives with courtesy and respect.
You may contact us in the following ways:
Phone: (02) 6248 3111 and selecting option 3
Post: Icon Water, Customer Services
PO Box 50, MITCHELL ACT 2911