Skip to main content
Just moved in to your new home? Make sure you know what water and sewerage assets could be around your property. Find out more

Water conveyancing

A conveyancing certificate lists the current balance of the water and sewerage account. A special water meter reading certificate shows the consumption to date since the most recent meter reading.  Please review the current schedule of charges to view any applicable costs associated with these requests.

Under the Utilities Act 2000, the owner of a premises is liable for any undischarged water and sewerage charges of a previous owner. If you sell or transfer a premises, you, your solicitor or conveyancer, should request a special meter reading and conveyancing certificate so that the water and sewerage account can be appropriately apportioned.

Please use the tiles below to complete the necessary forms. All cheques may be submitted to GPO Box 366 Canberra ACT 2601. If you would like to create a water conveyancing account please call 02 6248 3111 (option 2).

request water meter reading request water conveyancing certificate