A one or two year opportunity for school leavers or people seeking a career change. Traineeships offered are both administrative and technical with each trainee being provided with on-the-job training and development opportunities through a recognised institution to gain a Certificate II or III in Water Operations.
In a Water Operations traineeship at Icon Water, you would gain exposure to:
- Operating, monitoring and controlling the plant
- Conducting detailed inspection and sampling procedures
- Preparation of reports and recommendation of corrective actions
- Participation in development of safe working practices and procedures
- Testing and training of new technologies
- Successful completion of Year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Passion for the water industry
- Have an understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its importance in a workplace and be passionate about driving safety behaviour every single day.
- Nurture positive relationships but also have a strong sense of accountability and self-drive
- Like exploring new technologies and discovering how to bring innovative ideas to life
- Experience using computer software applications including Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to achieve a Certificate II in Water Operations and undertake training and certification for Confined Spaces Entry and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) accreditation.
- Hold a current ACT C class driving licence
If you are interested in future traineeships programs, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org